Gentlemen, I wash my hands of you.

Keep the fun and games in here for now please :-)
fastmonkeywheels
TO92 - Vaguely active

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of you.

Post by fastmonkeywheels »

Just getting attention.

I just signed up after a post over on Turboford. I've been active in the MS2-Extra beta testing for a little while now. I've brought up 4 cars already on it and I'm working on 2 more currently.

I work as an embedded software engineer professionally. What I do for a living is more or less what you guys are doing here. I was looking into doing something similar myself just shortly after getting my first vehicle running on MS, lol. I'm not sure where I want to put my efforts just yet, I'm going to get caught up on what you are working on first and see what interests me the most. I'm going back to school in the Fall for my Master's degree in Computer Science so time is precious, but I would love to be part of this project and contribute where I can.

Here's some pictures of my current project. I picked the car up about a month ago, if you look at the oldest pictures you can see I didn't start from much. I started wiring up MS for this car last night. I hope the car is done and on the road in about 2 months.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/ ... heels/SVO/
Fred

Re: Gentlemen, I wash my hands of you.

Post by Fred »

GASP, you sure had me going anyway :-)

That turbo of yours looks VERY much like my he351cw ;-) Good choice!

I'm a Java dev, so feel free to pick holes in my work so far and let me learn from it. I have to say though, some things that appear to be very common practice in embedded code are in extremely poor taste in general, some of them with no good reason. Hopefully we can discuss everything openly and all mutually learn :-) If that is the case then this site is a total success.

Glad to have you around, even if it's just to put me in my place sometimes :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!