I smell fish (leak?)

Keep the fun and games in here for now please :-)
Fred

I smell fish (leak?)

Post by Fred »

Bruce wrote:I also want to outline the current and future direction of MegaSquirt (both machine and community) it is time to take things to the next notch!
http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?p=193176#193176

I can think of four people that might have tipped Bruce off to the site. I hope that if someone did that they own up in this thread! Open and honest remember guys ;-)

Otherwise, I'm VERY interested to see what he has to say about "current and future direction" of the "machine and community". Am I paranoid, or are those my words from why.htm?

Either way, this freight train isn't stopping anytime soon. Whatever it is is likely to be A too little too late, B difficult to believe given the time-line of the last 13 years with a flopped efi332, ms1, ms2, and 3 main boards released for sale.

1000,000 monopoly dollars says that post occurs before my email on the 1st of April.

Perhaps I should just back date the email and send it now citing the suspicious content of that post? I inherently can't trust any of these people all that much anymore. There is money involved now, and that changes the game significantly. I.E. things may not be as they seem.

Looking forward to seeing what gets posted!

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Re: I smell fish (leak?)

Post by Fred »

It was confirmed to me this morning that Bruce was tipped off, however it would at least appear that it was by accident. Never mind, it doesn't affect anything anyway. As stated, it will be interesting to see what he has got to say in his "state of the union" now that he has seen our/my thoughts on "the state of his union".

Release can stay on April 1 unless something happens to make that less than ideal.

Fred.
Fred

Post by Fred »

When Ken started a chat with me yesterday, it started like this :
Kenneth: hey, just saw your site... what's with all the stuff about B&G and MS on there?
me: which stuff?
and how did you find it
Kenneth: any of it... all of it
me: I havent released it yet
Kenneth: google
I knew he was lying when he said google...
me: ok
terms?
Kenneth: diy efi
5:51 AM me: ok, what were you looking for?
Kenneth: just looked to see what it was, didn't know it was yours till I looked
I decided not to stretch the conversation in that direction anymore...

Then, today after I questioned whether he and some others spilled the beans with BCC's :
Actually, he called me about it, which prompted my googling.
Gotcha, caught red handed lying. Not cool. Ever.

At least the person that did spill the beans was good enough to own up. Thank you to them for having some dignity.

Fred.
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

I'm Sparticus. :-)
sry_not4sale
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by sry_not4sale »

Isn't wanting to be open and transparent, and then all the secrecy sorta contradicting each other?

Don't worry about anyone else, lets just make the product speak for itself by making it the best it can be :D
Owner / Builder: 1983 Mazda Cosmo 12at (1200cc 2-rotor turbo) coupe [SPASTK]
165hp @ 6psi standard - fastest production car in japan Oct 82
Fred

Post by Fred »

The only secrecy was about the existance of this site until I had it to a suitable standard to publicise. If you had seen it earlier, it wasn't exactly appropriate to let the world know about. Only in the last few days has the site finally reached a point where I can say "yes, this is ready for the world" and that is why I have delayed telling everyone. In the mean time I have run it past various people that I know, and that might care how it looks in order of least to most important. Ironically it was that last and most important IMO one that spilled the beans. Either way, the site was ready when that occurred, so it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. The email is going out in 3 hours time. It is currently 4am in the US of A, so they will all be greeted by an interesting surprise waiting in their inboxs.

I thought it was wrong to publicise the site without the important people seeing it first. But before they saw it it had to be right. I had to share it with some select people first to ensure that it was indeed right. Those people (pretty much all of them) have made significant differences to how it looks and feels. A big thanks to all of those people.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

Fred.
sry_not4sale
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by sry_not4sale »

I do see where you are coming from, I am not having a go at all.

Nothing good ever comes from secrecy thats all, will be great once its all out in the open :)
Owner / Builder: 1983 Mazda Cosmo 12at (1200cc 2-rotor turbo) coupe [SPASTK]
165hp @ 6psi standard - fastest production car in japan Oct 82
Fred

Post by Fred »

Absolutely, 100% agree!

Only 2.5 hours till I send the email now :-)

Then the word can gradually be spread around the place and things will start to take off :-)

Fred.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Still no official response from the ms crew from the email, however, the "state of the union" has been posted, and from it there is this about ms3 :
With the hardware in great hands, the task of board function/features needs to be addressed. And we want this effort to reflect the desires of users and not be completely dictated by B&G and others. With the MegaMeet coming up in Atlanta next weekend, the timing for discussion is perfect. So for those who are attending the MegaMeet please express your wants and needs to people like Jerry, Andy, James, Ken, Phil(s), Mike,Bill, etc, they will be scoopng up the feedback and working towards requrements.
http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=31305

Perhaps the message this site carries so loudly has gotten through to some extent?

Also this exciting news :
Also, there appears to be a demand for the idea of a MicroSquirt plug-in daughterboards which would consist of the MicroSquirt SMD board assembly minus the connector, case, and harness. Sounds good -- let's do it! The plan would be to replace the ampseal footprint on the board with 2x18 header row (0.1 inch). Now the MicroSquirt becomes a complete plug-in ECU that is fully tested and ready to be used for any DIY-designed mainboard. People wanting to design replacement ECUs for older vehicles could take the MicroSquirt module and design the interface and I/O board and have a ready-to-go setup. Since almost half the cost of MicroSquirt is the enclosure, case, and harness, I suspect the MicroSquirt module would be in the low US$200.00
Cool :-)

Same for the new sequencer if/when it comes out!

Good to see that someone is hearing the noise I am making! Even if they refuse to acknowledge it officially.

I guess this thread can pretty much just die now.

Fred.