NZ sheep?

Keep the fun and games in here for now please :-)
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

NZ sheep?

Post by jharvey »

So is it true, that New Zealand has 4 million people and 40 million sheep? That's what they just claimed here in the states on the TV show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"
Spudmn
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: NZ sheep?

Post by Spudmn »

Current human population 4,403,449 as at Wednesday, 16 Mar 2011 at 01:49:30 pm

40.1 million estimated resident sheep at 30 June 2006

So that's about right. Most sheep farms are in the south island and a lot of farms have changed to Dairy cows now.
TheRevva
DIP8 - Involved

Post by TheRevva »

(Before you start, I _know_ this is responding to an OLD post... SUE ME!)

1: The figures quoted are fairly accurate. The NZ Sheep count is on a descending trend. (Used to be more like 66 million sheep when we had 3.5 million people)
2: Despite what some might think, there aren't many Dodge Rams over here in NZ. Interpret that however you wish!
3: I haven't found a single sheep here in NZ that shows ANY interest whatsoever in the RAM inside my computers
4: The platters song "Only Ewe" is NOT considered overly 'romantic' here in NZ. Same can be said for the beach boys "Barbara Ann".
5: There appears to be some form of unnatural aversion to parents naming their daughter 'Barbara' here in NZ (All the ones I know were born overseas)
6: My (unscientific) research has shown that many Australians are jealous of all our sheep. (Go find your OWN 'girlfriends' dammit!)
7: Leading a sheep to a cliff is NOT considered foreplay (although I've been told it helps the aussie sheep to 'push back'???)
8: While the common wives tale states that counting sheep helps to cure insomnia, it only appears to arouse our 'west-island cousins'.
9: Wide mouthed gumboots simply don't work as expected (or so I am told)
10: It's unlikely there are many 'sheep jokes' out there that I've not already heard... You can't pull the wool over my eyes!

If any of the above have left the reader feeling a little 'sheepish', I apologise.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fred

Post by Fred »

LOL!

FYI: Bumping old threads is 100% fine with appropriate cause (same for bumping new threads!).
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!