Idea to support hackers!

MegaTunix is a cross-platform tuning application written and maintained by David J. Andruczyk. Discuss all things MTX here!
Fred

Idea to support hackers!

Post by Fred »

I was reading Spudmn's FAT/SD thread and thought "It'd be nice for him if he could add a block to the comms switch statement and send packets to get info or force actions" and I thought "binary packets with cutecom would work as I've done, but is cumbersome to add packets and slow to send them" and then I thought "what about a tab in mtx that interfaces directly with the FreeEMS packet creation code and exposes fields for people to set parameters and send a packet". The sequence ID could be used to return the packet data and headers to a "response contents" field in hex or similar. This would make an awesome debug and dev/hacking tool for anyone trying to achieve anything on the platform. It's just a thought, and I'm not even going to link it on IRC as Dave can find it if he comes here and if he does he can think about it, and if he doesn't it doesn't matter, but it *could* be a nice thing to have.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!