Human features for datalogs and settings files etc.

Free Open Source Software project discussion forum. Post your Free Open Source software projects here!
Fred

Human features for datalogs and settings files etc.

Post by Fred »

Some of you have mentioned adding notes etc to the datalogs and settings files etc. Can you please elaborate on those sorts of ideas here. What stuff do you want to store and record with your settings file and datalog files. Any/all ideas welcome.

I'm trying to draw up standard data structures for these purposes at the moment and would like some input.

No example posted yet so as to not bias your thoughts ;-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
WTDeuce
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: Human features for datalogs and settings files etc.

Post by WTDeuce »

I suggested it, my thought was just a field for generic notes like what you did during that datalog then have that displayed in some sort of log file/config file browser/viewer. Thats about as far as my thought went.
Fred

Post by Fred »

OK, well, I've got you covered and a little! Thanks for the idea! :-)
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

This is a good question, and there's room in it for more than notes, though that alone would be a huge step forward. A blank for time-of-day would be awesome, even though that should be in the filename, it might be nice to be able to name it whatever...

What's killing me is all the times I've thought about this, and how I'm drawing an utter blank now. I hope people post here, and maybe jump start my memory.

Be back later
Fred

Post by Fred »

Code: Select all

{
	"FreeEMSStructuredDataLog": {
		"MetaData": {
			"DateTimeStarted":					"2008/11/22 07:22:57 GMT",
			"DateTimeLastWritten":				"2008/11/22 07:22:58 GMT",
			"FirmwareVersionUniqueIdentifier":	"FreeEMS Vanilla 0.0.17 pre-alpha",
			"TuningToolName":					"FreeEMS-Tuner",
			"TuningToolVersion":				"0.1 build 200811220726r",
			"VehicleProfileIdentifier":			"SweetHBCosmo1",
			"UserNotes":						"This wxPython app rocks!"
		},
		"Columns": [
			{"Name": "AppSeq",	"Unit": "Logs",		"Description": "The index of a particular log entry as the application received them."},
			{"Name": "EMSSeq",	"Unit": "Logs",		"Description": "The index of a particular log entry as FreeEMS sent them."},
			{"Name": "RPM",		"Unit": "RPM",		"Description": "Revolutions Per Minute - The rotational speed of the engine."},
			{"Name": "MAP",		"Unit": "kPa",		"Description": "Manifold Absolute Pressure - The pressure in the intake manifold in kilo Pascals."},
			{"Name": "CHT",		"Unit": "*C",		"Description": "Coolant/Head Temperature - The temperature of the engine itself."},
			{"Name": "IAT",		"Unit": "*C",		"Description": "Inlet Air Temperature - The temperature of the air the engine was breathing."},
			{"Name": "TPS",		"Unit": "%",		"Description": "Throttle Position Sensor - The proportion that the thottle plates are open."},
			{"Name": "EGO",		"Unit": "Lambda",	"Description": "Exhaust Gas Oxygen - How rich or lean the exhaust gas stream is."},
			{"Name": "AAP",		"Unit": "kPa",		"Description": "Absolute Atmospheric Pressure - An indicator of exhaust scavenging efficiency."},
			{"Name": "BRV",		"Unit": "V",		"Description": "Battery Reference Voltage - The current voltage at the battery reference sense wire."},
			{"Name": "MAT",		"Unit": "*C",		"Description": "Manifold Air Temperature - What temperature the air is inside the intake manifold."},
			{"Name": "EGO2",	"Unit": "Lambda",	"Description": "Exhaust Gas Oxygen - How rich or lean the exhaust gas stream is."},
			{"Name": "IAP",		"Unit": "kPa",		"Description": "Intercooler Absolute Pressure - The pressure in the intake before the throttle."},
			{"Name": "MAF",		"Unit": "Flow",		"Description": "Mass Air Flow - A direct measurement of air flow through the engine."},
			{"Name": "DMAP",	"Unit": "DkPa",		"Description": "Delta MAP - The rate of change of MAP."},
			{"Name": "DTPS",	"Unit": "D%",		"Description": "Delta TPS - The rate of change of TPS."},
			{"Name": "DRPM",	"Unit": "DRPM",		"Description": "Delta RPM - The rate of change of RPM."},
			{"Name": "DDRPM",	"Unit": "DDRPM",	"Description": "Delta Delta RPM - The rate of change of the rate of change of RPM."},
			{"Name": "LoadMain","Unit": "%",		"Description": "Engine Load - Usually configured to be the same as MAP."},
			{"Name": "Boost",	"Unit": "PSI",		"Description": "Boost Presssure - Pressure in the manifold in Pounds per Square Inch."},
			{"Name": "VEMain",	"Unit": "%",		"Description": "Volumetric Efficiency - The proportion of cylinder filling occurring."},
			{"Name": "Lambda",	"Unit": "Lambda",	"Description": "Lambda Target - The Lambda we are aiming to achieve."},
			{"Name": "BasePW",	"Unit": "ms",		"Description": "Base Pulse Width - Fuel injection pulse width before applying corrections."},
			{"Name": "IDT",		"Unit": "ms",		"Description": "Injector Dead Time - How long per pulse the injector spends powered up and closed."},
			{"Name": "ETE",		"Unit": "ms/%",		"Description": "Engine Temperature Enrichment - Fuel added to assist warm up or cool when hot."},
			{"Name": "TFCTotal","Unit": "ms/%",		"Description": "Transient Fuel Correction - Fuel added to ensure Lambda during rapid changes."},
			{"Name": "FinalPW",	"Unit": "ms",		"Description": "Final Pulse Width - Fuel injection pulse width before individual cylinder trims."},
			{"Name": "RefPW",	"Unit": "ms",		"Description": "Reference Pulse Width - Currently Base + Dead Time."},
			{"Name": "IgnAdv",	"Unit": "*BTDC",	"Description": "Ignition Advance - Degrees Before Top Dead Centre"},
			{"Name": "Dwell",	"Unit": "ms",		"Description": "Dwell - How long the coil has battery voltage applied to it before the spark event."},
			{"Name": "Time",	"Unit": "s",		"Description": "How long since the device started up it has been."}
		],
		"Data": [			
			{3.14159,8,7,23,5,5,6,8,11,8,76,54,22,3,44,33,45,6,7,8,66,8,76,5,4,3,77,3,4,56,7},
			{3.14159,8,7,23,5,5,6,8,11,8,76,54,22,3,44,33,45,6,7,8,66,8,76,5,4,3,77,3,4,56,7},
			{3.14159,8,7,23,5,5,6,8,11,8,76,54,22,3,44,33,45,6,7,8,66,8,76,5,4,3,77,3,4,56,7}
		]
	}
}
Attachments

[The extension js has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

sry_not4sale
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by sry_not4sale »

Suck up :P
Owner / Builder: 1983 Mazda Cosmo 12at (1200cc 2-rotor turbo) coupe [SPASTK]
165hp @ 6psi standard - fastest production car in japan Oct 82
Fred

Post by Fred »

forgot about that lol, genuine comments though, i suck up to no one!
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

I'm not so worthy, I suck up to Heineken, Sam Adams, and a couple others.